handling plist of an octave-forge port

Kay Lehmann kay_lehmann at web.de
Wed Apr 7 16:46:21 PDT 2004

Hello,

I have a question about handling of plist for a port of octave-forge
(http://octave.sf.net).
octave-forge is a extension to octave and includes e.g. signal
processing. The problem is, that the package includes also bug-fixes and
extents some given functions of generic octave and so it overrides some
files of the original octave-port. So what I would like to know is if
there is any way to handle this in the portstree or what would be the
suggested way to go. Maybe make octave-forge an option of octave so
there is just one pkg-plist to handle or I don't know. I have made a
standalone port of octave-forge last year in june, but I can't release
it before this is solved. Any suggestions?

Thanks and greets,
Kay