Problems with USE_AUTOMAKE_VER variable

Sergey Matveychuk sem at ciam.ru
Sun Apr 4 00:18:09 PST 2004

Craig Rodrigues wrote:

> Why am I listed as the MAINTAINER of this port if people
> are committing things to this port without informing me and breaking it?
> My e-mail address is valid.

Committers are people who watch on ports collection and hold it in a
consistent condition. They make a style fix and little changes without a
maintainer approving. It's OK.
Ade was the first committer who broke my port with any approving and
even notification of me.

Funny, but ade said me in private on my patches proposal for gmake port,
I don't understand what does it mean to make changes which can brake a
lot of other ports.
Yes, now I see ade know what he said about :-D

> Can you answer my original question?

USE_AUTOMAKE_VER=      15
WANT_AUTOCONF_VER=       257

Fix things.