Problems with USE_AUTOMAKE_VER variable

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Sat Apr 3 18:34:18 PST 2004

Hi,

I am trying to fix up the apr port, and am trying to understand
the interdependencies of the variables which determine how
autoconf, automake, and libtool are used.

If I have the following variables defined:

USE_AUTOCONF_VER=       257
USE_PERL5=              yes
USE_GMAKE=              yes
USE_LIBTOOL_VER=        15
LIBTOOLFILES=           # none
USE_AUTOMAKE_VER=      15

Then the following things happen which I don't want:
(1) autoconf 2.53 is used instead of autoconf 2.57
(2) If autoconf is not installed on the system, the correct autoconf
    port is not downloaded and installed

If I change the following line:
USE_AUTOMAKE_VER=    15

to:
#USE_AUTOMAKE_VER=   15

Then autoconf 2.57 is used, and the autoconf 2.57 port is downloaded and
installed.  However, the automake version I want to use is not
specified.

How do I use all these variables properly and get things to work?

Thanks.
--
Craig Rodrigues
http://crodrigues.org