HEADS UP: Ports freeze for 4.10 begins on April 20

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Sat Apr 3 00:44:28 PST 2004

On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 12:25:50AM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 12:18:39AM -0800, Ade Lovett wrote:
> > On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 00:04:41 -0800
> > Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Did you send a patch?  I must have lost track of it.
> >
> > 63571
>
> Thanks, sorry about that.  I think I did see it when reviewing the
> patches for the last run, but decided it needed a run on its own,
> based on prior experience of how tough these changes are to get 100%
> working.  I should be able to give it a go in the next week or so.

Reading the patch, I don't see how it can work.  You pull out a lot of
stuff into bsd.autotools.mk, but it's deliberately not included by
bsd.port.mk:

+# XXX: (not yet): .if defined(USE_AUTOTOOLS)
+# .include "${PORTSDIR}/Mk/bsd.autotools.mk"
+# XXX: (not yet): .endif

leaving a heck of a lot of ports broken.

Kris