How do I submit a update to a port?

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Fri Apr 2 04:53:45 PST 2004

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 08:55:28PM +0200, Daniel Johansson wrote:

> Anyway what I would like to know is how you do if you want to submit a update
> for a already existing port. I want to submit a update to the bitlebee-port
> but I didn't change much, only the version and make makesum so do I submit a
> diff of Makefile and distinfo or should I mail the maintainer so that he
> updates the port?

If the maintainer is @freebsd.org, including unmaintained ports
(ports at freebsd.org) then use send-pr.  Otherwise, containct the
maintainer in the first instance.  If you can't get any response from
the maintainer then you could send-pr, but make it clear that you've
tried the maintainer already.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way