MS Exchange

Philip Paeps philip+freebsd at paeps.cx
Tue Sep 30 23:37:10 PDT 2003

On 2003-09-29 22:54:31 (-0400), Brandon Gale <brandon at globaldiagnostics.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a port or piece of software that emulates a MS Exchange
> server and interfaces with MS Outlook clients?

The only thing I can think of is SuSE's 'OpenExchange'.  I've never used it
myself (I prefer just plain IMAP and LDAP, and particularly doing away with
lookout and that so-called 'operating system' on which is it said to 'run'),
but it comes highly recommended by a friend of mine.  That could mean I should
find other friends though :-)

> I'm trying to provide an alternative to a potential client using Win2k
> simply for the only reason that they require the functionality of an MS
> Exchange server.

Which functionality do they require?

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                          Please don't CC me, I am
                                                       subscribed to the list.

  If you just try long enough and hard enough, you can always
  manage to boot yourself in the posterior.