asking about the ports collection

Adam Weinberger adamw at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 29 15:50:45 PDT 2003

>> (09.29.2003 @ 0636 PST): Kris Kennaway said, in 0.9K: <<
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 08:36:46AM +0000, yoseph widjaya wrote:
> > Dear maintainer
> >
> > I really wish that I could have all the ports collection which are 9XXX
> > files in a couple CDs so I don't have to go to the internet. is there any
> > place that I could buy or download all of them. I don't mind that leaving
> > my dialup connection open for 1 weeks
>
> ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports and mirror whatever you want.  It
> will take several dozen CDs though.
>
>> end of "Re: asking about the ports collection" from Kris Kennaway <<

Yoseph -

FreeBSD is sold (see freebsdmall.com) as both CD-sets and DVDs. In
addition to downloading the stuff that Kris mentioned above, both the CDs
and DVDs contain the entire pre-built package sets, and the DVDs contain
the source distfiles from which you can compile the ports yourself.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
vectors.cx	>>  adam at vectors.cx	>>  http://www.vectors.cx