gdesklets

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Sep 24 20:21:21 PDT 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 23:00:41 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke
<marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 22:54, Steve Wingate wrote:
>> Is anyone using gdesklets? There doesn't to be any help for it. No man
>> page, the website is useless for configuration. I ran gdesklets and I
>> get
>> a process but nothing visible at all.

Only 0.21 and above have a manpage. Anyway, gDesklets is kind of a daemon,
so you need to download the desklets from
http://gdesklets.gnomedesktop.org and install them by yourself. So, be
expect for a lot of desklets don't work very well, because of refresh
issues.

> Mezz and netchild are working on it primarily.  In order to make
> gdesklets do anything, you need some displays and some backends.  Mezz
> has some ports done, but they haven't been committed yet.  I was kinda
> going to defer to netchild for comitting as he's been doing a lot of the
> testing, but if Mezz points me to some good PRs, I can do it as well.

Yep, Alexander had to hack a lot of stuff in the libdesklets because of
Linuxish, which we are doing some test right now and might be done by
tomorrow or so.. Few (three to four) desklets will be committ in the ports
tree sometimes soon, when Alexander (netchild) commit the update of
gDesklets 0.22 in the ports tree...

BTW: I have more than 8 or 9 desklets ports, but I am holding them because
of refresh problem.. If someone know how to fix the refresh problem, then
I will send all of those desklets ports to PR.

Cheers,
Mezz