REMINDER: Commits to fix -STABLE package builds permitted

Scot W. Hetzel hetzelsw at westbend.net
Tue Sep 23 16:14:38 PDT 2003

From: "Joe Marcus Clarke" <marcus at freebsd.org>
> This is just a reminder that any ports commit to fix a
> *-STABLE build problem reported on bento* is permitted during the
> freeze.  There have been a lot of requests to portmgr about these kind
> of commits.  Please feel free to commit as we are approaching the ports
> tree tag date for 4.9-RELEASE.

Can a fix be added to the security/amavisd port?  The problem is that if you
specify -DWITH_MILTER when building the port, it will error out in the
configure stage when either libsm.a or libsmutil.a don't exist on the
system.  These 2 libraries are no longer installed by sendmail, as they are
no longer needed (acording to Greg Shapiro).

The patch for this fix can be found in PR 56658 under the audit trail
(files/patch-configure).  All it does is move the test for libsm.a into the
HAVE_SM_SM_STRLCPY test.

This is one error that bento will not be able to catch.

The other patch in the PR can be applied after the freeze.

Scot