Startup scripts executed twice?

Oliver Eikemeier eikemeier at fillmore-labs.com
Sat Sep 13 10:48:17 PDT 2003

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> Since upgrading my -current machine and updating ports, all the
> startup scripts in /usr/local/etc/rc.d were executed twice
> (specifically, thttpd, squid, and dnetc).  Has anyone else seen this?
> Perhaps it is a consequence of the recent port rc.subr changes.

Is your /etc/rc.d up to date?

src/UPDATING:

20030829:
        The following rc.d scripts have been removed and should be
        deleted from your installation: atm2.sh atm3.sh devdb
        localdaemons network1 network2 network3. Depending on when
        you last updated world and used mergemaster(8) you may or
        may not have problems during the rc boot sequence. The simplest
        solution is an 'rm -rf /etc/rc.d/*' and then 'mergemaster -i'.
        The atm2.sh atm3.sh and devdb scripts were removed some time
        ago, so depending on when you installed -CURRENT these scripts
        may or may not exist on your system.