FreeBSD Port: ImageMagick-5.5.6_1 (why not updated to 5.5.7-10 yet?)

Rob Lahaye lahaye at snu.ac.kr
Fri Sep 12 02:00:22 PDT 2003

Norikatsu Shigemura wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:40:07 +0900
> Rob Lahaye <lahaye at snu.ac.kr> wrote:
>
>>Are there problems to bump up the version of ImageMagick in the ports?
>>5.5.7-10 is already released and 5.5.8 is in beta testing right now.
>

> 	Oops.  I forgot.  I'll commit PR before ports freeze.
> 	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/55274

This patch does not quite work now. Three problems:
1. removing "PORTREVISION=   1" fails, because the port has 3 instead of 1.
2. new md5 sum is not correct
3. empty patch files in files/ directory

I'm not a ports person, but the attached updated patch and the following
sequence of commands, make a compilable port on my PC:

# cd /usr/ports/graphics
# gunzip /tmp/ImageMagick.diff.gz
# patch < /tmp/ImageMagick.diff
# cd ImageMagick
# rm -rf *orig files/*orig
# rm files/patch-Magick++::lib::Makefile.in \
	files/patch-magick::Makefile.in \
	files/patch-mi \
	files/patch-xwindow.c
# make
# portupgrade -wW ImageMagick
# make clean

I hope this helps to bump up the version in the ports soon?

Rob.