submitting a port

Mark Russell freebsd at mark.net.au
Mon Sep 8 08:57:11 PDT 2003

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Larry Rosenman wrote:

> --On Tuesday, September 09, 2003 01:48:01 +1000 Mark Russell
> <freebsd at mark.net.au> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> >

> >> --On Monday, September 08, 2003 08:36:56 -0700 "Hay, Russell"

> >> dunno who or why, but there was MASSIVE (I.E. 1000's of PR's) abuse, so
> >> they
> >> turned it off.
> >>
> >> It's a real shame :-(
> >
> > doesn't explain why they stopped accepting PR's from unresolved IP's
> > though, use your standard BL's but a blanket ban is stupid, like most
> > telco's
> Again, too much abuse.
>
> My mailserver whines a lot about no reverse DNS.  Why can't the ISP in
> question
> just put up generic forward/reverse on their dynamic IP's?
>
> We (Internet America, Inc/Dallas, TX US/My Employer) do.

Thats nice, unfortuantly alot dont, my reverse works, cool, I've had major
.au banks who just dont realize how important it is. Personally I'ld
string them up by the short curly bits but hey they are lookout users,
they dont care.

Running a ISP in .au I tried doing the we dont accept from unesolved IP's
it choked my support guys for days.

--
You cant use the word sex on the internet -- Marge Simpson