Bidwatcher port

Matthew Hunt mph at astro.caltech.edu
Thu Sep 4 19:35:53 PDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 06:40:13AM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> Also, you should contact the port maintainer to propose changes to the
> port...that's what they're there for.

Annelise did CC me (the maintainer) on her email about the port, I
just haven't chimed in yet because I've been rearranging the office
(including computer moves) all day.

I don't have strong feelings either way about TIMEFUDGE.  I agree
with Annelise that it's kind of a dumb idea in the modern era of NTP
timekeeping; at the very least, 5 minutes of slop is really a lot.
OTOH, I'm not sure that it's the job of FreeBSD porters to make
changes like these in an application's default behavior (going behind
the author's back, as it were).  Opinions?

Matt

--
Matthew Hunt <mph at astro.caltech.edu> * Eight lanes of shimmering cement from
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/           * here to Pasadena!