Galeon2 open menu question

stan stanb at panix.com
Mon Sep 1 11:36:07 PDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 01:10:05PM -0500, Glenn Johnson wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 01:42:34PM -0400, stan wrote:
>
> > I"m trying to set up a machine using Gnome2. One of the chages
> > (aparently) is that I seem to need to be running "Galen2" Well, like
> > a lot of the other gnome 2 stuff it seems to be sunstainly less
> > featurfull than the Gnome 1.4 stuff I' acustomed to,
> >
> > So, on to a specif question. When I type "CTRL O" in Galeon (the
> > original, I get a nice URL entry popup. In Gnome 2 I get (believe it
> > ot not) a FILE open window. Last time I check this application was a
> > WWW browser, not a file manager (like I need one of those ?).
> >
> > So, can I change this behavior?
>
> You want to type "CTRL-L".  This is pretty much the standard shortcut to
> enter a URL, even IE uses "CTRL-L"

Thanks for the fast reply.

Unfortunately typing "CTRL-L" in the version I built from ports this
weekend does nthing. Is this configurable? Is it possible that I need to
turn it on somehow? I notice that this action is not listed in the "File"
pulldown menu either, if that tells you anything?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin