Opera and Address

Karel J. Bosschaart K.J.Bosschaart at tue.nl
Mon Sep 1 07:50:57 PDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 03:36:26PM +0200, k.j.koster at telecom.tno.nl wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Would one of you (Daichi perhaps?) please take a look at
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/56181? I tested the
> patch and it applies mostly. The Makefile diff breaks because of the
> $FreeBSD$ tag, but otherwise it works fine.

I upgraded my Opera today using this PR and things went OK for me.

> This patch fixes a bug in Opera that makes sites such as Google's Groups
> unreadable, so I am sure that many people will silently thank you for
> the commit.

FWIW, a workaround for this issue is to go to Preferences/Windows/Loading
and set it to 'Redraw instantly', then restart Opera. I found it somewhere
on the Opera site and it worked for me. But of course, upgrading to the
new version is better :-).

Karel.