FreeBSD Port: apache-2.0.47

Clement Laforet sheepkiller at cultdeadsheep.org
Sat Oct 25 13:16:14 PDT 2003

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 14:57:37 -0400
"John Ridge" <jcridge at speakeasy.net> wrote:

Hi John !

> I've recently migrated to FreeBSD from a Linux system where I was running
> Apache-2.0.47 with ssl enabled.  Forgive my ignorance of FreeBSD as it is
> very new to me, but is it possible to enable ssl on your port of
> Apache-2.0.47 when I install it?

SSL module is enabled by default as shared module (for the moment)
Be careful, I will heavily change apache 2.0.x port (but SSL will still be enabled by default)
I planned the RFC port for tonight, for apache 2.0.48-pre (I'm currently testing it).

If some one is interred in testing the new port. Feel free to contact me !

What's new:
- you can choose modules you want
- you can avoid installation of docs, www stuff (icons, data, cgi)
- you can choose to build a static apache server or only static modules

clem