afbackup-3.3.5

AlexanderKühn 510056324034-0001 at t-online.de
Sat Oct 25 11:15:29 PDT 2003

Hi
I'm havin trouble running afbackup (port version afbackup-3.3.5_2 ), the backup
starts normally and seems to run fine until it's time to change the tape. The
tape is ejected but then the client looses the connection.

server.backup.log:
Fri Oct 24 22:47:16 2003, Error: Connection to client lost. Exiting.
No $home variable set.
"~/.mailrc": No match.
Null message body; hope that's ok

I've tested the streamer/tapes using tar and dump and everything seems fine, the
same streamer was in use attached to a linux server before and afbackup was
used on the linux machine as well - without any problems (same version).
I would really like to continue using afbackup, so I'm willing to experiment if
someone makes some reasonable suggestions ;) .
Thanks in advance,

Alexander Kuehn

bash-2.05b# uname -a
FreeBSD pse.psecalw.de 5.1-RELEASE-p10 FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE-p10 #1: Thu Oct  9
19:05:32 CEST 2003     root at pse.psecalw.de:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/pse  i386

services:
afbackup        2988/tcp   # afbackup
afmbackup       2989/tcp   # afbackup

inetd.conf:
# afbackup server
afbackup        stream  tcp     nowait  afbackup:operator
/usr/local/libexec/afbackup/afserver afserver
afmbackup       stream  tcp     wait    afbackup:operator
/usr/local/libexec/afbackup/afmserver afmserver