Improving mail/imap-uw

Mark Edwards mark at antsclimbtree.com
Sun Oct 19 13:19:50 PDT 2003

I want to build imap-uw and cclient with mbx format being the default
for new mailbox creation.  If building by hand, one does the following:

 > make {target) CREATEPROTO=mbxproto

I've tried contacting the port maintainer twice about adding this option
to the port, with no response, so I guess I have to hack it myself.
imap-uw uses mbox format by default for compatibility reasons, but mbx
is a much better and faster way to go.

So, I tried adding:

MAKE_ARGS+=     CREATEPROTO=mbxproto

to the port's Makefile.  That did nothing.  The port still compiles with
unixproto as the default.

I don't really understand port Makefiles.  Can someone give me a hint as
to how to hack this?

Thanks!