astro/sattrack is really broken...

Jim Bryant jbryant at democrats.com
Thu Oct 16 16:32:22 PDT 2003

It's been a while since I had tried this port, and after obtaining TLE
for Shinzhou-5 yesterday, I decided to give it a try.  I was getting
checksum errors on all TLE [www.celestrack.com], as well as the one of
interest.  After disabling the checksum code, I was getting altitude
info of like 8500+ kM for SZ-5, and all sorts of other funky crud for
others.

I don't have the time to do much with this, but if I find some time,
I'll help.  The maintainer needs to take a look at the port tho.
sattrack is a good package, and should stay in the tree, but there are
issues right now...

jim

--
   "Religious fundamentalism is the biggest threat to international security that exists today."
			  United Nations Secretary General B.B.Ghali, 1995