4.x Perl with customized $(PREFIX)

Anton Berezin tobez at freebsd.org
Mon Oct 13 11:05:36 PDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 07:42:51PM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Sergey Matveychuk wrote:
> >> post-configure:
> >>         ${PERL} -pi -e 's,/usr/local,${PREFIX},g' ${WRKSRC}/Makefile
> > Yes, it's a right way while tobez@ awake and start customize perl-ports
> > build mechanism.
>
> Any details how/ideas when this will be fixed in a more general way?

Either BSDPAN should be a part of the base system perl, or
CONFIGURE_ARGS in bsd.port.mk should include proper INSTALLSITEARCH and
INSTALLSITELIB, like it currently does with INSTALLPRIVARCH and
INSTALLPRIVLIB (in the .if defined(PERL_CONFIGURE) branch, of course).

Cheers,
+Anton.
--
If I did know the future of Perl, and if I told you, you'd probably run
away screaming.  -- Larry Wall