Ports conflicts: `lib/libiberty.a'

Sergey Matveychuk sem at ciam.ru
Sun Oct 12 04:09:59 PDT 2003

Sergei Kolobov wrote:

> On 2003-10-11 at 15:53 -0700, Ade Lovett wrote:
>
>>No.  Please no.  Oh lordy, no.  The maze of options, variables, hacks,
>>and other bits and pieces needs to be reduced, not increased.  It's a
>>staggeringly complex ball of wax already.
>

> Agreed. Wasn't it you, Ade, who suggested going to something like:
>
> USE_FEATURES=	autoconf automake openldap
>
> etc. Or at least this is what I remembered. ;)
> I think this is the approach we should take and I am willing to help
> with that unless you have the patches ready. ;)

No, it was me.
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=269861+273067+/usr/local/www/db/text/2003/freebsd-ports/20030824.freebsd-ports

I stop from making a patch because of two points:
1) no comments :)
2) many knobs give not only port depends but some useful service too.
And I didn't think over how to realize it. (May be with script like
pkg-install/pkg-deinstall?). Anyway here is a place for public mind
working :)

--
Sem.