force portupgrade to build port even with -P ?

Palle Girgensohn girgen at pingpong.net
Wed Oct 8 05:52:39 PDT 2003

Hi!

I use portupgrade an I love it. Thanks a lot!

A question: I usually do portupgrade -PR to upgrade stuff, and the packages
are fetched from bento or som ftp server. But, for some packages, I have to
use the port, because I have extra options set in MAKE_ARGS, like 'print/*'
=> 'A4=yes -DA4 PAPERSIZE=a4' for example. If I update som port with -PR,
and this port depends on ghostscript, for example, ghostscript will be
installed from a package, naturally built without these MAKE_ARGS. My dream
would be a setting in pkgtools.conf where I set something like
`ALWAYS_USE_PORT' for certain ports that shall never use a package built
off-site. Can this be done?

Thanks,
Palle