ports/57333: gnomevfs2 will not build when bind84-base-8.4.1 is installed

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Thu Nov 27 10:46:12 PST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 10:58, Kenneth Stailey wrote:
> Nonstandard installations???  I'm using the ports tree.  I will accept that you
> don't want to do any work on this but I draw the line at me being accused of
> using a non-standard installation when it's really the FreeBSD ports tree that
> is not compatible with itself.

By "nonstandard" I refer to the fact that you have overwritten header
files included in the OS with versions included in the ports tree.  This
is not a standard thing.  Not everyone has this configuration.  In fact,
you are the only one that has _ever_ reported this problem.  Given that,
and since you know how to workaround the problem locally, I am not
inclined to hack the gnomevfs2 port to work with this.  Should bind84
make it into the official base OS, I imagine the necessary symbols will
be added to libc (thus this will never be a problem for standard FreeBSD
installations); or, if not, I will revisit the issue.

Joe