FreeBSD Port: pure-ftpd-1.0.16c

Jochen Gensch incmc at gmx.de
Sat Nov 22 05:51:35 PST 2003

I have got a problem with the FreeBSD Port of pure-ftpd. I trying to
install it with the Option "--without-banner" because I don't want the
standard login banner to be displayed. However it is impossible to
activate this Option. It is still being displayed. Further some ohter
option seem not to be working. For instance if I can display a cookie
without compiling pure-ftpd with "--with-cookie"... I cannot find the
mistake, maybe it is one of pure-ftp itself.

By the way: why do all these Option have to be compiled? Wouldn't it
be possible to activate them via the config file or with switches?

Regards, Jochen