FreeBSD Port: openldap21-server-2.1.23

michalp jamnt at knology.net
Fri Nov 21 08:23:39 PST 2003

Hello,
I decided to update openldap21 2.1.17 to openldap 2.1.23
My system is 5.1-CURRENT Nov 17 2003
I have two problems
1. problems with starting script:
- modified /etc/rc.conf:
slapd_enable="YES"
slapd_flags='-h "ldapi://%2fvar%2frun%2fopenldap%2fldapi/
ldap://0.0.0.0:389 ldaps://0.0.0.0:636/"'
slapd_sockets="/var/run/openldap/ldapi"

copied slapd.sh script from
/usr/ports/net/openldap21-server/files/slapd.sh to /usr/local/etc/rc.d/
when starting slapd from script I am getting the following errors
%%RC_SUBR%% could not find or directory
script does nto know what to do with:
rcvar=`set_rcvar'
load_rc_config $name
run_rc_command "$1"

I used the old starting script but then sasl stopped to work with .pem
file (the previous version worked fine with this (self signed) certificate
#openssl x509 -subject -dates -fingerprint -in ldap.pem
does not generate any errors and of course
#openssl verify ldap.pem
generates "self signed" errors
So the question I have is whether new openldap will no longer work with
self signed certificates or there is something else that does not work
my slapd.conf and ldap.conf are copied from working previous version of
openldap server

Sincerely,
Michal