Passing an argument to a port

Mark Edwards mark at antsclimbtree.com
Thu Nov 20 01:40:20 PST 2003

On Nov 19, 2003, at 7:13 AM, Samy Al Bahra wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:10:33 -0800
> Mark Edwards <mark at antsclimbtree.com> wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, that didn't do it.  Using MAKE_ENV actually caused the
>> build to fail.  Using CONFIGURE_ENV had no effect at all.
>
> Make sure that the port doesn't simply reset CFLAGS in its' build
> framework (doing CFLAGS = ... blindly). This is a common problem.

That doesn't appear to be the issue.  Apparently I was wrong in my
earlier assessment.  You cannot build imap-uw in the way that I want by
putting CREATEPROTO=mbxproto in the make line.  It works on OSX but not
on FreeBSD.

At this point, I think its just easier for me to build it by myself
without the port, which I didn't want to do.  It would be nice if the
port had a build option to make mbx format mailboxes the default, since
they are far better, but the port maintainer hasn't responded to any
email from me so I guess its not going to happen.

--
Mark Edwards