Handling port that requires GNU binutils (libiberty, libbfd).

Lewis Thompson purple at lewiz.net
Mon Nov 17 04:08:18 PST 2003

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 12:29:37PM +1100, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 12:33:07PM +0000, Lewis Thompson wrote:
> > These are all part of binutils and as such are available in
> > /usr/obj/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils.  However, they are not much
> > use to me there.
>
> You could copy them into your work directory in the post-fetch phase
> of the fetch phase of the port.

Okay.  I see what you're trying to get at but:

a) Not everybody has the source installed,
and b) Not everybody has it compiled.

  Does anybody here think it would be acceptable for the port to require
the source?  That doesn't seem a good idea to me.  How would I go about
incorporating just libbfd and libiberty into my port?  Is it possible?

  Thanks very much,

-lewiz.

--
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:purple at lewiz.net | jabber:lewiz at jabber.org | url:www.lewiz.org |-