ports/58260: New Port: print/lilypond-devel

Tim Bishop tim-lists at bishnet.net
Sun Nov 16 16:42:20 PST 2003

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 01:37:03AM +0100, Oliver Eikemeier wrote:
> Kris Kennaway wrote:
> >It's great to see enthusiasm for the new "portrookies" project, but at
> >the moment most committers are not using it, so unless the new version
> >of your port is available in gnats most committers will not find it.
>
> You have to start somewhere. Tell us how we can improve portrookies so
> that it will be easier for committers to get the ports.
>
> One idea that popped up was downloadable shar files/diffs and to post
> just the url to gnats, but hey, the project is one and a half day old...

What about the differences between a port that's a rookie, and a real port. For
example, they have a different (or extra) category, and a PKGNAMEPREFIX.

So even if a committer did want to pull it straight out of the portrookie CVS
repository, they'd have to munge it before merging it in to the freebsd ports
tree.

Tim.

--
Tim Bishop