Can't mount read-only directories with netatalk port

Mark Edwards mark at antsclimbtree.com
Thu Nov 13 20:24:31 PST 2003

I've got the net/netatalk port built and running.  The only weird thing
is that I cannot see files in directories that the mounting user does
not have write-access to.  I can mount them just fine, but they show up
as having 0 files.

As far as I can tell from the docs and howto's on the net, you're
supposed to be able to mount and read a directory as long as the
mounting user has at least read access to it.

Any idea what might be going wrong?  I've emailed the netatalk list,
but they don't seem to know why its happening.

Thanks!