Ability for maintainers to update own ports

Tim Aslat tim at spyderweb.com.au
Tue Nov 11 13:40:49 PST 2003

In the immortal words of Sam Lawrance <boris at brooknet.com.au>...
> Pick it to bits, if there are solutions I want to find them :)

The biggest problem I can see is that CVS is our biggest limitation.
Surely it wouldn't be too hard to add functionality into CVS which would
allow per directory r/w permissions on some kind of
user/group based authentication.

Maybe it's worthwhile investigating a better alternative?

Another solution might well be to submit each port/group of ports into
it's own module rather than the tree as a whole.

Some food for thought.

Cheers

Tim

--