ports containing perl modules go into /lib instead of /usr/local/lib

Anton Berezin tobez at tobez.org
Tue Nov 11 13:06:24 PST 2003

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 03:26:47PM -0500, Vivek Khera wrote:

> AB> On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 02:25:49PM -0500, Vivek Khera wrote:
> >> But none of this has much to do with my original problem of other
> >> ports installing their perl parts into /lib rather than
> >> /usr/local/lib.
>
> AB> What is the output of
>
> AB>   /usr/bin/perl -MExtUtils::MakeMaker -le 'print $ExtUtils::MakeMaker::VERSION'
>
> AB> on the machine in question?
>
> On the 4.9-REL machine it says 6.20
> on the 4.8-STABLE it says 6.16

Ah, very interesting!  And now, the output of

locate MakeMaker.pm|grep local|grep ExtU

as well as the output of

echo `locate MakeMaker.pm|grep local|grep ExtU`|xargs -n 1 pkg_info -W

will be _greatly_ appreciated.

\Anton.
--
If I did know the future of Perl, and if I told you, you'd probably run
away screaming.  -- Larry Wall