Ability for maintainers to update own ports

Pedro F. Giffuni giffunip at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 20:29:42 PST 2003

My $0.02 on this;

- Having two port trees instead of one only means the changes will take longer
to commit... to both trees :(. I personally think the Debian system is inferior
to the ports tree even in management issues, but there is a Debian FreeBSD
effort if someone really likes it that much ;-).

- I actually like the idea of having someone check my ports before committing
them. Even if, like me, you submit a lot of PRs, but will not take the
responsibility to maintain them .. rest assured you won't be offered the commit
bit. The key is being effective maintaining ports, and then.. maintainers screw
up too.

cheers,

    Pedro.