ports containing perl modules go into /lib instead of /usr/local/lib

Anton Berezin tobez at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 10 09:11:39 PST 2003

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 05:56:22PM +0100, Oliver Eikemeier wrote:

> >AW> Can you please share the output of pkg_info?
> >
> >>From my 4.9-REL machine is below.  I keep my perl modules up-to-date
> >with CPAN, not via ports, since there are many modules not represented
> >in ports.
>
> Which looks like being the way to reproduce this...
>
> [...]
> >bsdpan-Net-Server-0.85 Net::Server - Extensible, general Perl server engine
> >bsdpan-Net-Server-0.86 Net::Server - Extensible, general Perl server engine
>
> It looks like BSDPAN is somehow messing up the prefixes. Adam, Anton, any
> idea?

Yup.  I fixed a very similar issue with lang/perl5.8 recently.  I was
pretty sure lang/perl5 was safe from it, but it appears it's not.

I'll fix it soon.

\Anton.
--
If I did know the future of Perl, and if I told you, you'd probably run
away screaming.  -- Larry Wall