FreeBSD rt3 port

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sat Nov 8 01:38:11 PST 2003

On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 10:13:14AM +0100, Angelo Turetta wrote:
> [...]

Actually, the p5-DBD-mysql port already depends on mysql-client.
Indeed, it understands three different flavours of mysql-client, which
is a good thing.  As far as I can see there's no need for rt3 to
depend on a specific version of mysql, so a dependency like:

    BUILD_DEPENDS+= ${SITE_PERL}/${PERL_ARCH}/DBD/mysql.pm:${PORTSDIR}/databases/p5-DBD-mysql

should be sufficient.

(and the equivalent for people that want to use postgres via p5-DBD-Pg)

As an aside, there are two ports that can provide the DBD::mysql
module: databases/p5-Mysql (Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2219 by Jochen
Wiedmann) and databases/p5-DBD-mysql (DBD-mysql-2.9003 by Rudy Lippan)
-- only the latter seems to be being updated.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way