gnome 2.4 freezee some apps

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Tue Nov 4 10:08:12 PST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 13:00, Simon Barner wrote:
> [ mozilla freezes GNOME on logout ]
>
> > Have you read the FAQ on http://www.freebsd.org/gnome?
>
> I am having the same troubles with Galeon (this is why I am delaying the
> PR for version 1.3.10).

1.3.10 is already in the tree.  It has been working fine for me for a
while.  I've never experienced a hang in the application.

> Perhaps I should take a break, but I cannot find any information on
> $SUBJECT here?
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq2.html
>
> Could you please push me into the right direction?

We need a lot more information.  What exactly do you do to produce a
"hang?"  What hangs?  What version of FreeBSD?  What else is running?
If FreeBSD 5.x, what scheduler are you using?  What threading library?
What version of Mozilla?  Do you have a strace, truss, or gdb backtrace?

Joe