djbfft package

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Tue Nov 4 01:10:37 PST 2003

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 22:54:31 -1000, Kent Hauser <kent.hauser at verizon.net>
wrote:

> On Monday 03 November 2003 10:45 pm, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 21:31:02 -1000, Kent Hauser <kent.hauser at verizon.net>
>>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > Why is math/djbfft marked NO_PACKAGE & what in the world does the
>> message
>> > mean?
>> >
>> > Makefile:NO_PACKAGE=    Forbidden - we have patches to the
>> distribution.
>> >
>> > I don't get it, as packages are build after build, which is obviously
>> > after
>> > patch.
>>
>> DJB's license doesn't allow us to distribute binaries.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mezz
>>
>> > Thanks, Kent
>

> Isn't this what the NO_CDROM / NO_BUILD variables are for?

Check in the /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk:
# NO_PACKAGE	- Port should not be packaged for ftp sites or CDROMs,
#				  but distfiles can be put on ftp sites and CDROMs.

distfiles = tarballs of source code, no change.

> I build an internal distribution CD set with packages we use. Things like
> "linux-realplayer" package just fine. The DJBFFT restriction screws up
> "portinstall -rRp -m -DBATCH multimedia/okle"

I don't think I have the right answer here, so I will leave that one for
someone.

/me looks at his bed.. umm, nite...

Cheers,
Mezz