Does emulators/wine really need gcc 3.3?

Miguel Mendez flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org
Tue Nov 4 00:55:25 PST 2003

Hi there,

Wanted to install wine yesterday and found that it's configured to
depend on the gcc 3.3 port. However, commenting out that dependency also
leads to a successful build with 5.1's compiler:

flynn at scienide% uname -srnm
FreeBSD scienide.energyhq.es.eu.org 5.1-RELEASE-p10 i386
flynn at scienide% cc -v
Using built-in specs.
Configured with: FreeBSD/i386 system compiler
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.2.2 [FreeBSD] 20030205 (release)

I remember having built wine on some loonix box with gcc 3.2 in the
past, so I take it should work in FreeBSD with that compiler as well.

Cheers,
--
	Miguel Mendez <flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org>
	http://www.energyhq.es.eu.org