ANNOUNCE: [FreeBSD-Announce] Ports scheduled for removal on Feb 2

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Mon Nov 3 09:50:52 PST 2003

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 01:51:54PM +0100, Oliver Eikemeier wrote:

> >It's probably something about installing all the dependencies via
> >pkg_add, e.g. something has an install script that isn't the same as
> >the install target of the port Makefile.  You can test this yourself
> >by setting up a clean jail, installing all the dependencies by pkg_add
> >and then try to build the port.
> >
> >Kris
>
> Just a wild guess, excuse me if I'm telling nonsense:
>
> can you try pkg_info -i packages/All/cyrus-sasl-2.1.15.tgz
>
> on bento? Maybe the pkg-install script isn't included in the package,
> otherwise I would expect the line
>  *** Added group \`cyrus' (id 60)
> in the build log. I suspect this relates to the use of WRKDIRPREFIX,
> which seems to result in problems with package building.

Good guess!

bento# pkg_info -i packages/All/cyrus-sasl-2.1.15.tgz
tar: +INSTALL: Not found in archive
tar: +POST-INSTALL: Not found in archive
pkg_info: tar extract of /a/asami/portbuild/i386/4/packages/All/cyrus-sasl-2.1.15.tgz failed!
pkg_info: error during unpacking, no info for 'packages/All/cyrus-sasl-2.1.15.tgz' available

Kris