cvs commit: ports/audio/evilbar Makefile ports/audio/spiralsynth Makefile ports/audio/xmms-uade Makefile ports/biology/platon Makefile ports/cad/spice Makefile ports/chinese/xemacs Makefile ports/chinese/xmms Makefile ports/databases/clip Makefile ...

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Mon Nov 3 01:31:42 PST 2003

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 09:37:29AM +0100, Miguel Mendez wrote:

> And now, my 2 cents. The way bento logs currently work, it requires
> a 'pull' approach to check that your ports build correctly. I think
> we should have a 'push' one. When a port fails to build an e-mail
> should be sent to its maintainer. This is about 10 lines of shell
> script, not really rocket science, and IMHO a valuable addition.

It's not nearly as simple as "10 lines of shell script" for various
reasons (e.g. bento generates a lot of transient errors that need to
be filtered out; not every maintainer will want to receive automated
mail from such a system, etc), but it's something that's been on my
to-do list for a long time.  I've made some progress towards this
recently.

Kris