PHP 4 installation with Apach ...

Scot W. Hetzel hetzels at westbend.net
Wed May 21 19:34:29 PDT 2003

From: "DAVID MARKLE" <davidmarkle at comcast.net>
> I am trying to install Apache+mod_ssl, mod_perl, and php4 from the
> ports tree.  Haven't done it yet, but am working out the method. Of the
> following apps:
>
> # apache+mod_ssl-1.3.27+2.8.14  /usr/ports/www/apache13-modssl
> # mod_perl-1.27_1  /usr/ports/www/mod_perl
> # mod_php4-4.3.1  /usr/ports/www/mod_php4
>
> Where do I start?  Do I install Apache13-modssl, then mod_php4, then
> mod_perl ???  Also in the php Makefile, I had to modify
> the "APACHE_PORT?= ${PORTSDIR}/www/apache13-modssl" (adding the modssl
> dir).  From standard sources, I installed mod_ssl, mod_perl, php4, then
> Apache and all worked.  However, I'd like to stick with the ports
> tree :)  Anyways, any help is appreciated.

Just add to /etc/make.conf:
    APACHE_PORT?= ${PORTSDIR}/www/apache13-modssl

Then start the install with either the mod_perl or mod_php4 ports, they will
then automatically depend on the apache13-modssl port, and install it if it
is not available.

NOTE: You'll have to remove this line, if you want to use the www/apache2
port.

Scot