FreeBSD Port: linux-sun-jdk-1.3.1.08

heilo grillen at abendstille.at
Tue May 27 15:50:26 PDT 2003

Hi!

i found this email-address on the freebsd.org-site. atm i try to install the
jdk-1.3.1p8_2 port on my i386 FreeBSD 5 - system - i have to say that i'm
quite new to this os (however i have some experience in using UNIX-like oses
from OsX and Linux). i downloaded and installed all the packages for this
port. i also need linux-sun-jdk-1.3.1.08 for this port. so i downloaded the
source and installed the required packages. then i tried to run make. i
unfortunately got the following errors:

===> linux-sun-jdk-1.2.1.08 depends on file: /compat/linux/lib/libc.so.6 -
found
Linux mode is not enabled. Loading Linux kernel module....
linux: not found
The Linux kernel module could not be loaded. Please manually load the module
and retry. See "man linux" for details.
*** Error code 1

I read through the manpage but it made things only more complicated...
Maybe this error occours because of another error which occours in the last
bits of the boot-sequence (after starting sshd and sendmail):

Additional ABI support: linuxELF binary type "3" not known.
/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected .

if you know any solution or somebody who could help me i would be very
happy!

Thx, .ma