HEADS UP: Ports are now frozen

Jens Rehsack rehsack at liwing.de
Thu May 22 23:07:57 PDT 2003

On 5/23/2003 5:59 AM, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> The ports tree is now frozen.  Unauthorized committers will be fed to
> Beastie.

Hi Kris,

I don't know how long it took until php 4.3.2 is released, but I
strongly recommend to try to include the update of it into 5.1-RELEASE,
because of the currently included one doesn't work well with the openssl
included in the base system. You can take a look into PHP's bug database
at http://bugs.php.net/?id=22809 for details.

I don't know who is responsible for the port at the moment, it seems
dirk is under heavy load so he's not really disposable. I can make the
changes to the makefile and maybe some required pathes in the source
tree, but I don't have enough machines for do a good testing. But I use
a lot of extra options, so I assume when it runs in my environment, it
will do somewhere other, too.

Maybe someone else could update and/or test, too. What do the other think?

Regards,
Jens