FreeBSD Port: gnucash-1.8.3

Stuart Quimby stuq at dstoys.com
Mon May 19 19:25:44 PDT 2003

Hi,
I'm running  4.7-STABLE FreeBSD and have installed 1.8.3 from ports with no
apparent problems.  But upon trying to startup I get:
 "application gnucash (process ###) has crashed due to a fatal error
(segmentation fault)

I tried starting it up under gdb with some help on irc,
gnucash-env gdb /path/to/guile
then at the gdb> prompt:   run -e main -s /path/to/libexec/overrides/gnucash

and I get:

guile> run -e main -s /usr/X11R6/libexec/gnucash/overrides/gnucash
<unnamed port>: In expression run:
<unnamed port>: Unbound variable: run
ABORT: (unbound-variable)
guile> <unnamed port>: In expression -e:
<unnamed port>: Unbound variable: -e
ABORT: (unbound-variable)
guile> <unnamed port>: In expression main:
<unnamed port>: Unbound variable: main
ABORT: (unbound-variable)
guile> <unnamed port>: In expression -s:
<unnamed port>: Unbound variable: -s
ABORT: (unbound-variable)
guile> <unnamed port>: In expression
/usr/X11R6/libexec/gnucash/overrides/gnucash:
<unnamed port>: Unbound variable: /usr/X11R6/libexec/gnucash/overrides/gnucash
ABORT: (unbound-variable)

I tried a portinstall -fR gnucash, it had one hitch on gdb, which I ran
seperately and then all compiled from ports with no complaints, but still the
same seg fault on start up.

Warlord on irc suggested I check libltdl and I'm running libtool-1.3.4_4.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Stuart Quimby
Pres. Design Science Toys, Ltd.