xfce: missing dependency on xpm

Albert Kinderman albert.kinderman at csun.edu
Fri May 16 11:51:56 PDT 2003

Adam:

Obviously xfce is dependent on xpm, or the configure would not have
failed when looking for it.  The question is why running make in
/usr/ports/x11-wm/xfce did not automatically make and install xpm.  I
thought ports were supposed to install all the required dependencies.

I do see that the Makefile includes
USE_XPM=YES

However, looking in bsd.port.mk, all the  occurrences of

.ifdefined {USE_XPM}

appear within .if ${XFREE86_VERSION} ==3

Thus if you have XFree86 4.x, the USE_XPM statement appears never to be
encountered.

I should note that I do not have X installed, however, on a 5.0 system
XFree86 4 is the assumed  version in the bsd.port.mk

Could this somehow be the problem?

Al

On Friday, May 16, 2003, at 11:13 AM, Adam Weinberger wrote:

Albert Kinderman	        Systems and Operations Management
           California  State University Northridge