FreeBSD Port: faces-1.7.7_3

Christoph Franke Franke.Christoph at gmx.de
Mon May 5 10:05:06 PDT 2003

Dear Maintainer,

I tried to build the mail/faces port using the -DWITHOUT_X11 option. To
my regret I got the following error on compiling:

checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.0... no
*** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found
*** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gtk-config.
configure: error: Cannot find GTK: Is gtk-config in path?

If I read correctly, the upper option starts compilation without support
for X11/GTK, and so neither X11 nor GTK is installed on the system. Can
you help out?

Thanks in advance

Christoph Franke
Hanover
Germany

--
Calvin: People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they do
not realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.