aegis port for FreeBSD

Christopher Vance vance at aurema.com
Mon Jun 30 18:30:17 PDT 2003

(announcement)

I have a tentative port of aegis 4.11 to FreeBSD which builds,
installs, deinstalls, packages, etc., cleanly on both 4.8-STABLE and
5.1-CURRENT, and which passes portlint -A.

I'm happy to send this to anybody who asks (12K shar).

I have not yet send-pr'd the port to FreeBSD.org because I'd prefer to
be more confident that it actually works.  FreeBSD's directory
hierarchy doesn't quite match what aegis expects, so I'm not sure
whether some stuff is installed in places aegis might not find it.

(question)

Is there a simple way to run the aegis tests on an installed version,
rather than a just built one?

(request)

Would either of you two gentlemen be willing/able/interested in
testing, vetting, improving, or even taking over this port?  If not,
I'll try testing myself and submit when my confidence is higher.

--
Christopher Vance