gnomemedia2 fails when it looks for gstplay-0.6.1 lib

E. J. Cerejo edinho64 at netscape.net
Sat Jun 28 13:02:03 PDT 2003

Hello, I'm running FBSD 4.8 stable and I just cvsuped my ports tree, I'm
using portupgrade to upgrade the ports that need upgrading, I ran
portsdb -Uu and pkgdb -F to make sure that every db file was updated
properly, I noticed that gnomemedia2 needed to be updated so I ran
portupgrade -Rr gnomemedia2 but it failed on gstreamer-plugins-0.6.1
because gstreamer-plugins-0.6.1 was already installed but for some
reason it kept trying to install gstreamer-plugins-0.6.1 even it was
already installed so I ran this command pkg_deinstall -r
gstreamer-plugins-0.6.1 to uninstall every gstreamer-plugins-0.6.1 and
every other port which depended on gstreamer-plugins-0.6.1 and ran
portinstall gnome2 after that. This time it installed
gstreamer-plugins-0.6.1 fine but fails on the next port which is
gnomemedia2 when it tries to find this library: gstplay-0.6.1, which I
think it should be part of gstreamer-plugins-0.6.1 but when I run
pkg_info -L gstreamer-plugins-0.6.1 that file does not show up. Is
anyone aware of this problem?  Any hints will be appreciated.
Thanks

===>   Registering installation for gstreamer-plugins-0.6.1
===>  SECURITY REPORT:
       This port has installed the following files which may act as
network
       servers and may therefore pose a remote security risk to the
system.
/usr/X11R6/lib/gstreamer-0.6/libgstffmpeg.so
/usr/X11R6/lib/gstreamer-0.6/libgstgnomevfssrc.so
/usr/X11R6/lib/gstreamer-0.6/libgstudp.so

       If there are vulnerabilities in these programs there may be a
security
       risk to the system. FreeBSD makes no guarantee about the security
of
       ports included in the Ports Collection. Please type 'make
deinstall'
       to deinstall the port if this is a concern.

       For more information, and contact details about the security
       status of this software, see the following webpage:
http://gstreamer.sourceforge.net/
===>   Returning to build of gnomemedia2-2.2.1.1_2
Error: shared library "gstplay-0.6.1" does not exist
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/audio/gnomemedia2.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/audio/gnomemedia2.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/gnome2.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/gnome2.
** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
/tmp/portinstall199.0 make reinstall
** Fix the installation problem and try again.
[Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb1_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... - 363
packages found (-1 +1) (...). done]
** The following packages were not installed or upgraded (*:skipped /
!:failed)
         ! x11/gnome2    (install error)