FreeBSD Port: mod_php4-4.3.3.r1,1

Jens Rehsack rehsack at liwing.de
Fri Jun 27 07:50:25 PDT 2003

On 6/26/2003 9:08 PM, Erwin Lansing wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 06:37:15PM +0200, thomas peter wrote:
>> hi alex,
>> i use mod_php4 to run typo3 (a content-management) on a freebsd 4.6
>> machine.
>> btw: thanx for the port-maintnance!
>> typo3 needs a wired arrangement of libs (gd 1.8, freetype 1, ...)
>> i found out, that i can create a Makefile.in in /usr/ports/www/mod_php4
>> to apply my changes to the compilation.
>> whenever a new php-port was released,  i made a make in the mod_php4
>> dir. after fetching, unpacking and filling the
>> ncurses-like-unserinterface i interrupted the process and copied my
>> custom Makefile.in into /usr/ports/www/mod_php4.
>>

> Most of the options required by typo3 are included in the normal
> mod_php4 ports configure menu. So far, I have only had one problem, the
> GD included in the PHP distribution does not include gif-support, which
> can be fixed by compiling PHP with an external GD (graphics/gd2
> WITH_LZW). I have a crude patch, which needs some cleaning, to do this,
> but I'm not sure if we want to include this in the standard port.

If typo3 can live with the php4 builtin gd, the maintainer has applied a
patch which is committed by nork at freebsd.og which enables it by
'WITH_GD_GIF_OUT=yes', so you can use
env PHP4_OPTIONS='MYSQL GD OPENSSL' WITH_GD_GIF_OUT='yes' \
	make build install clean

Or you use portupgrade as Thierry recommented.

Jens