FreeBSD Port: mod_php4-4.3.3.r1,1

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 26 12:08:37 PDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 06:37:15PM +0200, thomas peter wrote:
> hi alex,
> i use mod_php4 to run typo3 (a content-management) on a freebsd 4.6
> machine.
> btw: thanx for the port-maintnance!
> typo3 needs a wired arrangement of libs (gd 1.8, freetype 1, ...)
> i found out, that i can create a Makefile.in in /usr/ports/www/mod_php4
> to apply my changes to the compilation.
> whenever a new php-port was released,  i made a make in the mod_php4
> dir. after fetching, unpacking and filling the
> ncurses-like-unserinterface i interrupted the process and copied my
> custom Makefile.in into /usr/ports/www/mod_php4.

Most of the options required by typo3 are included in the normal
mod_php4 ports configure menu. So far, I have only had one problem, the
GD included in the PHP distribution does not include gif-support, which
can be fixed by compiling PHP with an external GD (graphics/gd2
WITH_LZW). I have a crude patch, which needs some cleaning, to do this,
but I'm not sure if we want to include this in the standard port.

--
Erwin Lansing      (,-.`._,'(       |\`-/|    erwin at lansing.dk
http://droso.org       `-.-' \ )-`( , o o)    erwin at FreeBSD.org