[kde-freebsd] KDE meta port build error

Chris BeHanna behanna at zbzoom.net
Thu Jun 26 01:19:59 PDT 2003

On Thursday 05 June 2003 16:21, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> On Thursday 05 June 2003 21:49, Kent Stewart wrote:
> > > I have and if I move r->rid to the end of the argument list, it builds.
> > > I noticed that for 5.1, the argument list is changed to
> > >
> > > int hid_report_size(report_desc_t d, unsigned int id, enum hid_kind k);
> >
> > Miscopied this one it is
> >
> > int hid_report_size(report_desc_t d, enum hid_kind k, int id);
>
> Oh dear, it changed again... I wonder how anybody is supposed to be able to
> _use_ these headers if they change all the time like that.
>
> Anyway, I'm on a 4.8-STABLE system (__FreeBSD_version 480101) as well and
> it works right out of the box for me (I even cleaned out /usr/include and
> repopulated it from installworld to make sure I don't have junky headers in
> there), so I can really only shrug my shoulders for now. :-(

    I had the same problem for a long time.

    I finally grepped for hid_report_size in /usr/include/*.h, and
found an old, leftover libusb.h that had the old signature with the
pointer at the end.

    Blow this file away, and the build failure goes away.  Doing as
Michael suggested and doing rm -rf /usr/include/*, followed by an
installworld, seems to be good practice.

--
Chris BeHanna
Software Engineer                   (Remove "bogus" before responding.)
behanna at bogus.zbzoom.net
                 Turning coffee into software since 1990.